In light of recent teen suicides linked to bullying MTV has partnered with actress Brittany Snow and the Jed Foundation, with support from DoSomething.org, the Trevor Project, Reach Out, Active Minds and the Ad Council, to help spread messages of love and hope to teens who feel they might have run out of options.
People everywhere have committed to turning up the volume on Tuesday 10/19/10 to let anyone who feels mistreated, misunderstood or alone know that #loveislouder than the voices that cause us pain.
Individuals, schools, organizations and groups of friends will be taking pics and videos, raising awareness and making some noise, and Chan and Jenna’s site PostTheLove.com wants to join this wonderful cause too, so here’s how we can all easily get involved:
- Post your #loveislouder messages, links, photos, video, audio on PostTheLove.com or tweet them to our official Twitter @postthelove with the hashtag #loveislouder.
- Write #loveislouder on your hand and spread the word all day long.
- Brittany Snow will be hosting a party for her friends in L.A. Get your friends together for your own #loveislouder party. Take pictures and videos. Get creative. Or do it on your own and then upload your pics to their FB page or your videos to your.mtv.com. Here’s a sample of a video made in New Orleans. And here is montage of some of the photos that have been uploaded so far. If you upload your videos or pics somewhere else, email LoveIsLouder a link at [email protected].
- Make #loveislouder signs and hang them around your campus or community.
- Tweet out #loveislouder messages throughout the day. “I believe #loveislouder than hate www.loveislouder.com” or “I’ve felt isolated and hopeless, but #loveislouder than the pain. www.loveislouder.com” Customize your tweet and make the message your own.
- If you live in one of the cities with LOVE sculptures (CLICK HERE for a list), show up at the statue at 6 p.m. EST (3 p.m. PST) to take group photos and chant “Love is Louder.”
If you need a little more inspiration, here’s a great pic from PTL’er Raquel…
Thank you in advance for joining the Love Is Louder movement by using your voice and visilibity to spread the word that #LoveisLouder than harassment, isolation, discrimination, and pain.
Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped:
Email | RSS | Twitter: @channingtatum – @jennaldewan – @unwrappedphotos – @postthelove