As I mentioned in a previous post, Channing Tatum and the ‘G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra‘ cast continued their world-wide press tour by holding a special screening for our troops at Andrews Air Force Base in Camp Springs, Maryland yesterday (July 31).
Chan and his co-stars Sienna Miller, Marlon Wayans, and Rachel Nichols arrived at the free military screening sticking out of the tops of Humvees and surrounded by approximately 300 screaming fans who stood in line around two hours just to see them. Another 400 people sat inside the theater anxious to see the film. The premiere was held for military families and included a special audience of wounded veterans from Walter Reed Medical Center, who sat right on the red carpet.
In the slideshow below you can check out all of the new photos I just added to the CTU Photo Gallery. They show Chan arriving in the Humvees with the cast, on the red carpet of the premiere, and taking photos with the troops and their families…
People Magazine interviewed Chan at the premiere and he talked about life as a newlywed. You can read their article in it’s entirety below…
Channing Tatum: Newlywed Life Is ‘Perfect’
By Arnesa A. Howell
- It’s been less than a month since actor Channing Tatum tied the knot with his Step Up dance partner Jenna Dewan, and it seems the honeymoon period is far from over.
- “I’m as happy as I possibly can be on the planet right now,” the newlywed actor gushed to PEOPLE at the G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra premiere at Andrews Air Force Base in Camp Springs, Md. on Friday.
- The actor – who sported a three-piece pinstriped suit for his rounds on the red carpet of his film – admits that being a married man feels “just as it has for the last four years we’ve been together.” And that’s a good thing!
- “We’ve been together, and nothing’s really changed,” Tatum says, adding, “It’s pretty much the same as I’ve felt every day since I met her – and that’s just about perfect.”
- The hunky actor with the Southern charm arrived at the premiere atop a Humvee alongside film costar Sienna Miller. As fans screamed his name, Tatum walked across the vehicle’s hood and then jumped to the ground where he greeted eagerly awaiting fans. He also graciously signed autographs and posed for pictures with wounded servicemen from Walter Reed Medical Center who had gathered with their families for the special screening. Film costars Marlon Wayans and Rachel Nichols also attended the event.
- Tatum admits that being part of the action flick has inspired him to be more, well, adventurous.
- “Two-and-a-half months ago, I went [sky]diving with the Golden Knights,” says the actor of his experience jumping with the U.S. Army parachute team. “That was probably one of the most exhilarating things on the entire planet for me. Literally, jumped out, about a minute freefall, and they took care of me for sure.”
- Says Tatum: “It’s a very, very cool month and year for me, isn’t it?”
In the interview, he exudes southern charm and everyone seemed very smitten with him, including Al who ended the interview by saying Chan was a “sweet piece of man candy”! I’ve always said that Al was feisty, and quite frankly, their are very few people that would dare to disagree with that particular statement. You can watch the interview below…
The Today Show is a first in many US TV show appearances Chan will have as a part of his current press tour. He will also be a guest on Jimmy Fallon Tuesday, August 4th, on Regis and Kelly Wednesday, August 5th, and on It’s On With Alexa Chung. I have not confirmed with date yet for Alexa’s show, but I will let you know as soon as I find out. Check your local listings for the specific times of all of the shows in your area.
The press tour will end in Los Angeles at the ‘G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra‘ red carpet premiere on August 6th, and I’m hearing that the premiere may be held at the famous Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. Check back daily for photos and appearance information for the events!!!
You can also read some new interviews from Chan that are a result of the recent press tour below…
- G.I. Joe Set Visit: The Scene, Tatum and Miller
- Channing Tatum (Duke) On Set Interview G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA
- ‘G.I. Joe’s’ Tatum, Miller get candid
- Tatum Talks Duke: The G.I. Joe actor on playing a real American hero
As more critics are screening the film, we’re getting more and more great reviews. ‘G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra‘ currently has an awesome rating of 83% on the review site RottenTomatoes.com, and you can CLICK HERE to read one of the latest from IESB.net.
‘G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra‘ premieres in Belgium, France, and Switzerland(French) on August 5th, Chile, Peru, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, Switzerland (German), New Zealand, Australia and Argentina on August 6th and the US, UK, Brazil, Columbia, Panama, Mexico, Venezuela, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Taiwan, Poland, Turkey, Austria, Ireland, and Spain on August 7th.